The Project Engineer will be responsible for the design, coordination, administration, and project management of civil, structural and water resource projects and studies for the development of new hydroelectric facilities. Other responsibilities include providing design support for special projects and systems, process improvement recommendations and engineering support on new and existing hydroelectric projects. The Project Engineer will work primarily with the project development group located in the Boston, MA office, but may be given additional responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Implementing hydropower facility project design
- Computer aided design drafting
- Prepare capital and operating cost analyses
- Determination of potential project generation analyses
- Assist with annual budget preparations
- Understanding of construction project management
- Preparation of construction and procurement contract documents
- Coordinating with state, federal and local agencies
- Select or participate in the selection of proper materials or major equipment for development purposes.
- BS in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience
- Proficient PC user with Windows environment, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in computer aided design drafting (CADD)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel within the United States
- Strong attention to detail